Monday, December 15, 2008

Arrivals Gate

Here I am, sitting on departures gate.

I started to think about the arrivals gate.

From Love Actually:

“Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.”

I do love arrivals gate. Arrivals gate is the place for happiness. Seeing someone you've been waiting for. When we have a holiday, going to the departures gate is interesting. But when you've reached the arrivals gate, the journey begins.

Departures gate brings sadness. This is the place when you need to leave something or someone. The place when the cries and goodbyes meet. The place to move on or maybe the place for separation (even it's just for a while)


Well, I'm waiting for the arrivals gate in Jakarta. After that, wait me in the arrivals gate of KLIA my dear. I'm living for that day. The day to meet someone I've loved in the arrivals gate.

cheerio

No comments: